Monday, February 9, 2009

The Super Bowl

Subtitle: "You could bounce a quarter back off those tight ends!"

Last week was the Super Bowl. Hoo...rah.
I've never understood football...I don't see the point in running then stopping, running than stopping. I've always liked sports like gymnastics and tennis where the action is quick and continuous.
I do like the food though. And the commercials. So I don't disappear into my room. I load up my plate with snacks galore and run in to watch the commercials when they come on, then leave when that boring football stuff returns. As I jokingly said the other day, "They play football at the Super Bowl?"
This year, we went all out with food and stuff for my brother, who does actually enjoy watching the game part of the Super Bowl. Since Dad's in Iraq, we women watched it with him. I was tired and too lazy to get up off the couch, so I actually stuck around and watched the gameplay.
What have I been missing out on all these years? I don't know if it's the fact that one of the teams had shimmery yellow pants, but the butts were mesmerizing! This was the first superbowl I watched all the way through...didn't care who won, but I couldn't tear my eyes away.
Oh yeah, the food was good too. I wasn't impressed by the commercials this year though.

No comments: