Plants. There was table on table of plants of all kinds, from tiny to huge. I finally figured out that it was probably the plant biology people selling their projects.
I knew that we were thinking of redoing our flower beds, so I wandered around looking. I didn't find anything at that time, so I went to class.
When I came out a couple hours later, they were still selling stuff (though their inventory had gone down considerably). I poked around again, and found the cutest little cactus. For a dollar. I shelled over the dollar and brought the thing home.
It was in one of those little plastic pots with holes in the bottom to let water drain, so I put it into another container so water wouldn't go all over my windowsill.
Then (aside from watering it every so often) I forgot about it.
Christmas rolls around, and we find a bunch of tiny ornaments in an advent. They didn't go to the advent, so I laid claim to them. The little nativity sits on my bookshelf while the little rocking horses...
Kind of a cutely pathetic little thing, no?
Last night I repotted it in a beautiful green pot. It's too big for it right now, but I think it will grow into it.
I've taken off the ornaments until it's settled into the dirt. I'll put them back on for Christmas.
It's an awesome little plant...it's lasted about two weeks longer than anything I've had before!



No comments:
Post a Comment